June 16, 2009

Too young for wrinkles?

Ok, so I went to the pool today and my toes and fingers got all prune-y.
You know how that gets..Well, I've always wondered why so today I used my
good friend GOOGLE and found out.
Here's what it said...

Even though you can't see it, your skin is covered with its own special oil called sebum.Sebum moisten/lubricates and protects your skin.But staying in water for a long time washes away the sebum. Then, the water can penetrate the outer layer of your skin. This causes your skin to become waterlogged. So how does this lead to wrinkles? No one is really sure.

Aint that a bitch?lol

However,some people think it's because the skin expands to allow extra water inside. The expanded skin ends up looking really wrinkly. Other people think that it's because the skin is tied down to the tissue underneath in certain places. So when the skin is full of water, it swells up (gets puffy), but only in places where it is not tied down, which makes it look wrinkly.

Ok I'm done boring you with my obsession to know random facts.


Before i went to the pool.



after, I got sooo dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment