December 29, 2010

Current Events

I talk alot about fashion and myself, and more about myself. lol But as Miss Guinea North America I'm considered a leader in my community. A lot of young girls look up to me and aspire to be like me and I think it is very important for me to be well informed about the world. I have talked about current events in the past on this blog and I plan to do it more in the future.
Now I've noticed that many of my friends and peers don't know much about what's going on in our own states/cities, not to mention the world. People know when the new jordans will come out but not who the governer is. I live in Maryland and our current Governor who has been serving since 2007 is Martin O'Malley and the Lt. Governor is Anthony Brown who is very handsome btw, dude looks like Obama.lol Anyways we are the future of this country and we really need to get more involved. If you aren't happy and you feel that we need change don't sit at home and complain about it, get out and vote for a leader who you feel will bring this change, or write a letter to the mayor, senator, or governer. Even watching the news every night so you know what's going on helps.
Before you decide that you know enough or don't care, ask yourself...

Do you know what the war in Iraq is about?
Does the price of gas effect you....do you know why it's so high?
Do you know the President's agenda for the next few years?
Do you know how the current economy will effect your future? (student loans, jobs)
Are you registered to vote?
What are our tax dollars being used for?
What does the universal healthcare plan entitle?

There are may more things we have to think about but those were just a few general ideas. Remeber in a democracy the people rule but if you don't speak your voice will never be heard.

Me with Governor O'Malley.

No comments:

Post a Comment