February 4, 2011

Words I Never Said


THIS is why Lupe Fiasco is my favorite MC. Not rapper. He is a genius. The song gave me goosebumps because this type of talent can't be appreciated by everyone, people like to live in ignorance. They rather hear about money, hoes, clothes, and cars. smh. In this song "Words I Never Said" ft. Skylar Gray, Lupe speaks about the real issues in America and the world. He calls out the media for being baised and racist and he blatenly says that he didn't vote for Obama, now that's real. And after he said that I was like that's it, he is a BOSS.

One of my favorite lines is this: "If you turn on TV, all you see's a bunch of what the fucks, Dude is dating so and so, blabbering about such and such And that ain't Jersey Shore, homie that's the news" so true.

I think our problem is as a people, we complain about so much but are too lazy to get up and do something about it, and that includes me. You complain about your leaders but do you vote? You think your community is bad, are you working to help fix it? You think the school system is unjust, did you contact the board?
Many of us are so afraid of going against the grain of society to help bring about the change that we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment