April 27, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken with Rice & Veggie Stir Fry.

Well so much for me trying to be healthy, who am I kidding...I DON'T eat healthy. For dinner tonight I contemplated for hours whether or not I should order some takeout from Kenny's Chinese restaurant before deciding I could defrost the wings in the freezer and cook them instead. I really really genuinely love cooking. I don't do it that often thought because I am lazy beyond anything you could possibly imagine. That's my biggest flaw, I have so much drive but I lack motivation to actually do anything amazing. sigh, I'm working on it. But how did I get from talking about chicken to my flaws? lol Anyways, I made oven-fried chicken (first I cook it in the oven, then I deep fry it) I tend to always oven fry the chicken if its floured simply because whenever I try to make fried chicken straight on the stove, the inside is usually undercooked so I avoid this by baking it first till it's fully cooked then coating it with flour and frying it. I decided I was gonna make my own "Chinese takeout" style meal so I made the typical vegetable fried rice. The whole thing was so delicious, I was quite pleased with myself. Now that I know their recipe, I won't be ordering Chinese for a while. 


Click the jump to see how I made the fried chicken and rice.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment