August 16, 2011

Flashback.

You know that old saying ''fashion starts at home?" Ok fine it's really suppose to be charity but tell me growing up with a mom that loves fashion doesn't rub off on you even just a little? Well for me that's the case, I fell in love with fashion as a little girl. Watching my mommy dress up in various outfits and extravagant gowns definitely influenced my fashion sense and basically made me realize that although clothes aren't everything what you wear is very important. Everyone in my family always talks about how my mother just loved dressing me up and I remember quite well whether it was picture day, or a birthday, or really anything I was dressed to a tee. Not to brag but I had tons of clothes and shoes growing up, much more than any child needs my family would say. lol I even remember times when my mom and I had matching outfits (yeah it was that serious). But anyways I found these old photos of my mother when I was young, when she was young, let's say these are from like '92-'96. I really love 90's fashion, from the two piece skirt suits to the sequined gowns. I swear I was born in the wrong era! So may women wear t-shirts and jeans choosing comfort rather than actually dressing up, idk why because to me....dressing up is fun! But anyways I scanned a few photos of my mom's outfits and some of her clothes..these are all old photos so you're gonna have to bear with the quality.
 I swear looking at these photos makes me upset because my mom didn't save these clothes for me, do you know what I could have done with all these amazing pieces? sheesh. I know one thing I wouldn't have to rack through random strangers' clothing at the thrift store that's for sure. lol.

Guess who that little girl is?



Here are some of her clothes and bags that she took photos of back in the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment