March 28, 2012

Matchbox!

I know it's been a while, more than a while. I am the world's laziest blogger because my lack of posts is not because I didn't have time or anything cool to say it's because I just didn't feel like carrying my big old Nikon around with me, shooting a video, or typing out my inner most thoughts. If procrastination doesn't kill me I know laziness will. Anyways I'll try to start being more consistent with my postings let's say once a week? OK, we have a deal. Now that it's getting a little warmer, don't forget I prefer winter fashion, but now I can go out doors and shoot in front of different backgrounds and scenery. Today's post features a lunch date  with my cousin Raqui at Matchbox in Rockville. This whole lunch thing is becoming sort of a tradition for us. It's just a time for us to catch up, give each other advice, and stuff our faces. lol I really appreciate having such great role models in my life like Raqui that I can come to for anything. I think it's important to have people who are older and wiser who have been through everything you're going through to help you handle the challenges of life. Even though I believe in living your life and making mistakes, I also know that sometimes you can just learn from other peoples' mistakes. My grandmother had like 13 kids so I have plenty of family and we are all pretty close. My older female cousins are my big sisters. And even though I swear they never wanna take me out with them (probably because I'm not old enough, being under 21 sucks) I know I can always count on them. I wanna dedicate this post to my big sisters : Raqui, Manjula, Jojo, Youmaly, and Adama...love you guys <3
*sentimental mushiness ends*
It was a pretty nice day outside so we had a nice long lunch. Raqui had this spicy pizza and I had my typical salmon and mash, it was all very delicious, they have my recommendation. I promise we didn't plan this but somehow we both ended up wearing pretty similar colors.

Me: Dress | J.crew tribal print dress. Accessories | J.crew. Shoes | random from Shoe City.
Raqui: Top | Custom made in Guinea. Jeans | Forever. Shoes | Bakers.
As always, click below to see more photos!


 There was this beautiful fire right outside the restaurant that we were absolutely obsessed with, it really is a nice touch the decor. I loved it!

1 comment:

  1. You might be the best little sister ever... but u are soooo not the best big sister... :/ Jealousy lol <3 -Mballou

    ReplyDelete