June 7, 2011

Leopard + Tutu

Went to the Taste of Africa festival for a lil bit the other day. Passing out fliers for Miss Guinee NA 2011 and just seeing the different cultural booths and fashion shows. It was fun, the day was pretty hot but I felt comfortable in my half sleeve blouse and tutu skirt. People like to wear close to nothing in the summer but think about it, in really hot places like Egypt and other desert lands they usually cover up and protect their skin from the sun but us Americans just throw on sunblock and go all crazy which probably isn't the safest for our skin because sun tan lotion can only do so much. Anyways I'm black so what am I worried for? lol My excess melatonin keeps me safe! As you guys will soon see my closet is filled with white for this summer. I have worn so much white that I haven't even photographed and anyone who has seen me during the weekend nightlife can vouch for that. Here are a few photos from the day.

P.S. I take risks in what I wear, sometimes it works and other times not so much. Like this outfit for example, I took the risk of matching prints by wearing a leopard print top with snake-skin wedged sandals. I think it worked out well though.

Blouse: Barney's
Tutu: I'll never tell.
Clutch: Estee Lauder make-up bag.lol
Belt: Vintage
Shoes:  Christian Siriano

There were so many great shots I just couldn't help but post so click the jump for more photos.



 For any of you who live in Silver Spring you know downtown there use to be this cute little bakery called CakeLove that sold deliciously expenisive cakes. Well they closed CakeLove and replaced it with a frozen yogurt shop called Fro-Zen-Yo, it's really good but then again what frozen yogurt isn't? I swear frozen yogurt is taking over the world. It's funny how much I love it now because when I was younger I HATED frozen yogurt I thought it was some sort of punishment, like why can't I have real ice cream.lol Anyways, the U.S. has suddenly become health crazed, tryna fight obesity and I'm all for it. I had vanilla and coconut flavor with every fruit on top. Yum!

My friend Marilyn's baby Angeline. She is sooo adorable y'all should see her in person.

1 comment:

  1. Darn! I want to know the tutu, :/ lol.
    Looove it, soo cuuute!!
    Nice outfit :) Love red, white and black <333
    Cute baby too, she has a cute lil mouth ^^

    ReplyDelete