September 25, 2011

Afrique Fundraiser for Change.

I would like to dedicate this post to my friends Ruby, Aja, and Troy who are doing something absolutely amazing for our continent of Africa. They are all "youngsters" who have started their own charity organization to giveback and help out back home. They gave me the honor of speaking about my campaign V.O.W.  at the event which got alot of positive feedback and I'm thankful for the opportunity. I did realize however that I really need to work on my public speaking skills because I get so nervous. I know I can do better and will in the future because practice makes perfect. Right now I'm planning my own event which will be a seminar about stopping the cycle of abuse and raising awareness about domestic violence in Africa, it will be held in October in honor of Domestic Violence awareness month. Now for the fun part...lol Here are some photos from the event. I wore Jeantrix (brown gown) and cote minu (blue mini dress)





Photo credit: Omar Rafik

1 comment:

  1. you are so beautiful with braids you should wore them more often.

    www.minasek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete